Primitive Quilts and Projects

Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine

A premium publication dedicated to the primitive quilter, rug hooker, stitcher and more! Each issue features at least 15 projects from some of the most admired designers in the primitive fiber arts world.
www.primitivequiltsandprojects.com

Monday, February 9, 2015

Are you ready? Part 16 free Sew Along!

Silly question, I know you must have thought I forgot you! I promise I have not! I got my quilts and wool projects all finished and sent off! I'll get right to it.......

For this cute little sunflower block, you will need to cut your background fabric 7" x7", get the templates from my website http://www.woolenwillowdesigns.com, ( they should be up soon!) and after you applique, trim the block to 6 1/2" x 6"

For the flower I used a mottled gold wool, with a cotton black print center. I needle turned the cotton center onto the gold wool. I used two different hand dyed green wools for the stem and leaves.

Also, you will need to make one more house block ( directions found in "Part Two") with the word "Faith" embroidered on it. This can be found on the template sheet with the sunflower.

We also will need one more unit of 6 flying geese! I'm working on these today, and will post a picture of them with the next block all together!

Just three more blocks after these, then we are on to the borders! Yippee! I can hardly wait to see what it will look like all completed!

Let me know how you plan to quilt your quilt! Will you hand quilt, or machine quilt? If you machine quilt, will it be on your regular machine, or will you use a long arm machine?

Thank you for your nice emails, while I took my break to finish my book projects, and squeeze in Christmas! I really appreciated it! And again, thanks for sharing your photo's!!! I do have a facebook page for Woolen Willow Designs, so be sure to check over there and share your sew along pictures!

It's great to be back!!

Jeni

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, I just came across this gorgeous sew-along and have decided to join you. All of these blocks are so beautiful that I cannot resist. I've never made a primitive quilt but have been admiring them for a long time. I have started cutting for my first block.

    ReplyDelete